Computer Science Passwords
The Edinboro University Computer Science department maintains a separate domain from the rest of the university, independent of other university networks. Changing the password for your Computer Science account will not affect your EUP accounts, or any other accounts. Similarly, changing the password for your EUP account will not affect any CS accounts.
 Changing Your CS Password
Your CS account password can be changed from either a CS Linux or CS Windows workstation or server.
 From Linux
To change your CS password from a Linux machine, log in to any Linux server or workstation with your username and password. Your username is the first initial of your first name, followed by the last 6 digits of your banner ID, followed by the first initial of your last name, and your default password is either your 6 digit birth date (MMDDYY) or Edinboro1. Once you have logged in, you must run the passwd command to change your password:
[12:00] j345678p@cslab100:~ $ passwd Changing password for user j345678p. Changing password for j345678p (current) NT password: New password: Retype new password: passwd: all authentication tokens updated successfully. [12:00] j345678p@cslab100:~ $
This will change your password on the servers, which controls the logins for all CS domain machines.
 From Windows
Log in to any Windows server or workstation with your username and password. Your username is the first initial of your first name, followed by the last 6 digits of your banner ID, followed by the first initial of your last name, and your initial password is either your 6 digit birth date (MMDDYY) or Edinboro1. Once you have logged in, you can simultaneously press control-alt-delete to change your password. Next, simply click the Change Password... button and follow the on screen prompts to change your password.
 Lost or Forgotten CS Password
If you have forgotten your computer science password(s), or for whatever reason you cannot log in, you must contact Jason to have your password reset.
 EUP Network Passwords
You should change your password often and it is a requirement that you have to change your EUP password within every 180 days. You should also change it whenever you suspect that your password has been compromised. To do this, choose one of the scenarios below:
- If you know the anwswers to your configured security questions, you can go the EUP Password Reset webpage and login with your current email address and password and follow the instructions accordingly
- If you do not know your current password you cannot use SCOTS Tools to change it. Then you must follow these instructions:
- Go to the EUP Password Reset - Students Only page and enter your User ID and Birthdate then click on the "Submit Request" button. This will check to ensure your User ID and Birthdate are in the system and that they match. This will submit a process to "RESET" your password back to the original password you were given when your account was created. This process runs every 5 minutes so please give it up to 5 minutes to complete. You will not receive a confirmation unless there is an error, otherwise assume that the process is working.
- To obtain your original password, login to SCOTS with your SCOTS ID and PIN and click on "Personal Information" and then click on the "View Live@edu Information" link to retrieve your password.
- Login to SCOTS Tools with your email address and your original password and then you can change your password by following the directions within SCOTS Tools.
- For more detailed instructions, please check the Password Reset Registration Instructions. If you are still having difficulty, you will need to contact the Technology Help Center at x2111 or (814)732-2111.